Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, September 10, 2010

So mind-numbing tired

The problem with short work weeks is that you wind up fitting five days' worth of work into four days. This, despite the fact that it was employee appreciation week and we had lots of fun activities like a dunking booth, cookouts, and an ice cream social. And I swear data entry is energy-sapping in a way that four hours of it will make me feel like I worked eight hours at the store. I know lots of people do really hard labour, and so I don't want to seem, well, silly, but I'm simply quite tired.

Today I fought to stay awake enough on the bus ride home to remember to pull the cord. I came home, took out my contacts, got into comfy clothes, and went straight to bed for a nap (do not pass go, do not collect $200). I just now ate dinner and it's almost eleven. I have a project to do (not game notes this week, but a gaming character sheet), but frankly I am tired and achy, and I may just have to work on it tomorrow, although I'm going to have to leave early for work tomorrow to get something for a friend and maybe some non-perishables at Kroger, so the bulk of it may be after work.

We had the photo contest at work this week, but I didn't turn an answer sheet in. I am sad to report I knew who one person other than myself was. Several people got them all, though, and more power to them. It was fun, though. But I rather like the picture I submitted. I was a cute child. Pity it didn't last.

Okay. I'm going to contemplate going back to bed. I won't guarantee that's all for tonight, but still...good night.

No comments: