Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, September 24, 2010

A BRIEF welcome to Lexington for those attending the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games



The Games start tomorrow and Lexington is pulling out all the stops. Be sure to check out their main website. LexTran is offering round-trip shuttles to the Kentucky Horse Park for $2, and it's only $25 to get in to the grounds, and although yes, there are the venues/events, there are lots of vendors, art, jewelry, etc. I'm thinking about going just for the day sometime. Some of the events are pricey, but other are about $25 (that was one of the para dressage, for example, which sounds interesting). The website has event schedules and a little guide to coming to Kentucky for the Games that among other things describes what can't be brought into the park. Umbrellas are a major one. I guess they startle the horses. I'll think about it. Of course one must-have for me if I go is an inhaler--I'm terribly allergic to horses. And there's no way I can afford much of anything, but as one of my co-workers put it, it's definitely worth going down to see the sights. There's lots of stuff going on around Lexington, too, some of which is free. I picked up a paper today so I could look at what all was going on. I will be free the last weekend of the Games after all, so I'll concentrate on that Friday (I might be able to take off) and Saturday.

No comments: