Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, April 08, 2010

I have pared the 1000+ items in Google Reader down to zero

Thank goodness. And I even skimmed most of it (and of course blogged about a few worthy ones and starred ones for later).

It's 1 am and I'm headed for bed. I called in sick to the hospital today and slept until 2 pm (for a total of eleven hours). I could barely breathe this morning. I did manage to make it through my shift at the store, though, with the help of some non-drowsy cold medicine. Afterwards I went to Kroger and got a combo pack of daytime and nightime cold relief.

I talked to my mom and grandmother on the phone on the way to work. Ma seems to be feeling better. My mom thought I was her sister; we sound alike, so that led to some confusion. And I love how, when I explained my cold was worse, my grandmother told me to bundle up even though it was 75 degrees outside. :)

I have tomorrow and Friday off from the store. I definitely plan on going in to the hospital tomorrow, no matter how I feel. I have little personal time off left, for one, and for another there's some things I need to do and I don't want to get behind on my work.

Okay, I'm really yawning. Time for bed. Good night.

No comments: