Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, April 04, 2010

After the game

which went rather well, I got a disturbing phone call from my mother. My grandmother is in the ICU at Danville's hospital after falling out in her backyard and lying there from about 6:30 in the evening till 1:30 the next afternoon, when my mom came over and found her. She's banged up a bit and dehydrated, but no broken bones, although she does have a UTI so they're treating that (she had a kidney out in January due to renal cancer, so they're keeping a good watch on it to make sure it doesn't spread to the remaining kidney.) She'll hopefully be out of the hospital Wednesday.

Assuming I can get off work at the hospital for Tuesday, which I don't anticipate a problem, I'm going to go visit my family overnight Monday evening and come back Tuesday afternoon. We had planned the visit anyway, but with what happened to Ma, it's even more important to go see my family.

Anyway, if you don't hear from me Monday evening, that's where I'll be.

No comments: