Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, April 08, 2010

This makes me think of Josh Hanagarne (the World's Strongest Librarian)

There is a comic called 'Baby Blues' that published two library-themed cartoons on March 3rd and 4th. Go to http://www.babyblues.com/index.php and choose the dates from the drop down box. It's the March 3rd one that reminds me of Josh--'Have you ever seen such huge biceps on a librarian?' He does a lot of weightlifting, bends nails, and tosses about kettleballs. :)

These two strips now grace my cubicle. The second 'Battling illiteracy, one dumb brother at a time' is especially apropos because although I don't work in a public library, I do run an early literacy project.

Anyway, I thought I'd share. Thanks to Tanya Feddern-Bekcan and Morgan Fuller of LIBREF-L for pointing these out.

No comments: