Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Good news/bad news

Good news: A friend fixed a wonderful gourmet dinner that was incredibly good and satisfying.

Bad news: I missed the last bus because we were eating.

Good news: I called a cab and it came and got me and took me home.

Bad news: It declined my debit card because the cheque I deposited today doesn't go through until midnight (it was about 11:40 pm).

Good news: The cab driver was great and handed me his card and told me to call him when I had the funds available and we'd take care of it then.

Good news: The cheque will go through and I'll be able to pay him, although I may wait until Wednesday when I get paid so I can up his tip. But I'm thankful he was so understanding.

Good news: I get paid both Wednesday and Thursday, so the time of no money (which frankly has been pretty short this time) will be over and I can pay all my bills.

Bad news: Of course, I still have that tax bill hanging over me as well.

Good news: I'm home, safe and sound. I think I'll go on to bed. Good night.

No comments: