Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Yay, vacation, sort of!

Today starts my vacation from the hospital, although I have to work at the store at 3 pm. I slept in and then went online, checked my automatic deposit from the store, and got my credit report, which was grim but nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be. So I have a starting point for paying off my debt. Then I had to fix my cell phone, which didn't go off this morning to wake me up. Turns out I'd accidentally put the electrical plug into the ear phone jack briefly yesterday and it somehow got it stuck so the speaker wouldn't work, meaning that the alarm did try to go off but the phone must have just vibrated. I'm glad it was fixable. Must watch that in the future. Now I'm eating some tuna and applesauce, which is practically the only food in the house. It's a good thing that I'm getting paid today and tomorrow at both jobs.

On the agenda for today:

  • Straighten up the house a bit.
  • Take out the trash.
  • Clean out the refrigerator.
  • Do some dishes.
  • Read.
  • Go to the library--one of my books is due.
  • Get laundry money.
  • Go to work.


Tomorrow:

  • Go to Kroger, get snacks.
  • Go to friend's house on the bus so I'm there by 10 am.
  • Have a Prophecy movie marathon (five movies).
  • Come back on bus or by cab if the bus isn't running that late.


Friday I need to do some laundry and possibly get with someone I haven't seen in a couple of months. Then I work Friday night. Saturday I work 2-10. Sunday's the game. Monday is wonderful Indian food for a friend's birthday.

That's pretty much my vacation. Improving my life, spending time with friends, that's what it's all about.

No comments: