Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, August 28, 2009

What a day

Today I watched the following with a friend, being off both jobs:

The Prophecy
The Prophecy II
The Prophecy III: The Ascent
The Prophecy IV: Uprising
The Prophecy V: Forsaken
Push
'Doctor Who: The Girl in the Fireplace'

Whew! All were fun, even excellent. The Prophecy movies are actually true to Christian theology in terms of what angels are like, rather than the cutesy things people seem to think they are today. I love how technology thwarted them. The third movie had the best line of the series: 'You're keeping me alive because you don't know DOS?' Push was remarkably good, complex, and exciting. And I cried over the Doctor's lost love.

I thought the cabbie would never find me and I believe he was texting as he drove, but I'm not sure. It's good to be home now, however. I'm pretty sleepy after the marathon, and all my joints are aching a bit, so I think it's ibuprofen to the rescue and then a good night's sleep.

No comments: