Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

But wait!

One more thing to report. Okay, two. Yesterday, I got a package in the mail from Amazon. It was my 16 GB USB drive that turned out to be $5 between the discount from the store and my $25 gift certificate. I spent a good part of last evening putting stuff on it. It uses a U3 system like my current one (they're both Sandisk Cruzer Micros). Along with the data, I downloaded some useful utilities, although it's not as user-friendly as it used to be. Sandisk has apparently gone with a hosting/download service that if you pay lets you immediately download at high speeds, but if you are a free customer it queues you into a holding pattern and then gives you the programs slowly, making you wait between downloads. They didn't used to do that, and it was pretty easy to set up my last one in just a few minutes. This took a couple of hours, and I still don't have OpenOffice on it yet. So that was a bit annoying, but given the great price, I was willing to forgive a little.

Today I got the second part of the order--the DVD of Dr Horrible's Sing-along-Blog, which includes another block of additional music (the commentary on the show) and video auditions for the Evil League of Evil. Ah, I love this show. That means I have the soundtrack and the DVD, so I'm set if they take it offline.

Yipee!

Okay, good night (for real).

No comments: