Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Frustration

I have spent the last two hours trying to get the settings right in Internet Explorer to watch videos on YouTube. Everything is correct according to the YouTube help files. I have the latest Flash player, javascripts are enabled, yada yada. Just one day they stopped working. I can watch embedded videos on other sites, including this one, just not on the YouTube page itself. Plus I can watch them with no trouble in both Firefox and Chrome. I even changed firewall programs since this had been an issue for a friend at one point.

Grrr.

Chrome freezes a lot, although I like it otherwise, but I've decided to just stick with Firefox. It seems to be the faster, less buggy, browser that lets me actually do what I want to.

Okay, frustration mollified somewhat.

No comments: