Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, August 15, 2009

So glad to be home

away from the blitz of Powerball seekers, a place where I can take off my shoes and massage my red and swollen feet, somewhere where there's a Healthy Choice meal waiting for me, somewhere that's green. (Well, no picket fence like in 'Little Shop of Horrors', but no man-eating plants, either, thankfully.) Plus, I'm off from the store for the next couple of days. I was really tempted to take Monday off from the hospital, too, and maybe I should have. I feel like I need a vacation--like a whole week of days off, at both jobs (but of course I wouldn't get paid at the gas station).

This morning was the first time I'd read at home in ages (I finished An Ice Cold Grave by Charlaine Harris.) Don't get me wrong, with the lack of car, I'm actually getting a little more time to myself, but I still pretty much just come home and collapse rather than doing anything particularly useful. I just never really seem to have much energy. Maybe the walking will help, or I could start back doing yoga. And getting a handle on my blood sugar would go far in that department, I think. It couldn't hurt, anyway. But in the meantime I feel like there just isn't enough time in the day to get what I want to do done. I guess most of us feel that way these days, though.

Oh, I feel better already. Yay.

No comments: