Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, August 08, 2009

Today's funny story

World's biggest matzo ball unveiled in NYC: 267-pound ball gobbled up by hungry lower East Siders

It was created to raise awareness of a charity basketball game between the New York Knicks and the Maccabi Electra Tel Aviv, playing to raise money for the Migdal Or orphanage in northern Israel. Among those who got to taste the mighty matzo ball soup were those at a senior centre who are served kosher meals six days a week. Go to the link above to see a picture of it.

Only in New York, I'd say.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

-------


christena
Email Marketing Solutions