Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Feeling much better

I know I sounded morose and well, rather pathetic yesterday, when I didn't feel well and was sitting around moping. A friend rightly pointed out that since I've been on the bus, I've had more time at home (since I can't be out at all hours anymore), and so I have more time to think about my life and situation. He also pointed out that I probably had PMS, which is dead on. But I feel much better today.

Today started out rough, though. I missed the bus by about 2 minutes, watching it go down the street while I was still a few hundred yards away from the bus stop (and I had not crossed the street yet, so there was no chance to flag it down). Then as I sat for an hour waiting for the next bus and watching the sun come up, I got really nauseous. One of my medicines can really upset your stomach, but I'd eaten so I thought that was enough. No such luck. I wound up vomiting up some clear liquid twice at the stop. At least I didn't lose the whole contents of my stomach, but I felt pretty ill. After a little while, though, it settled down. The stomach issues are definitely on the agenda when I go to Dr Nesbitt next month, along with my blood sugar. One really shouldn't have morning sickness without being pregnant, and I know that's not the case--I haven't experienced any showers of gold, strange animals, or other signs of divine intervention at all.

I didn't get all the game preparations done, but I did have a good visit with the game master before the others arrived. We played late tonight, and it was a good game, although my character was bitten by asps three times during an action scene in which she killed the cultists summoning the magical snakes, and had to go into a sort of stasis to save herself, so for all intents and purposes she is dead to the world and out of the adventure for now.

After the game, we did a amazingly quick grocery run courtesy of Brenda and her truck, and then she brought me home. Now I'm all comfy, eating a couple of soft pretzels and listening to meditative music on cable.

I'm taking some time off from the hospital this week, and I'm looking forward to both spending some time on my own and with friends. I'm having such a hard time getting up in the morning lately and have just been dragging. That may be partly blood sugar, but I think I need a break as well. I'm still working at the store, though. Plans include a Prophecy movie marathon and taking a friend and his husband out for Indian food. So that should be fun.

I also need to read a book that I have out that's due the 26th. It's one of the Sookie Stackhouse books and they're hard to renew because people put them on hold (that's what I do, for that matter). I accidentally ordered two at the same time, but received them out of order, and I haven't had a chance to read them yet. I haven't been taking a lunch at work (my main reading time) to make up for having to catch the bus early. I had to turn the latter of the two in today, but still have time to read the other one. I wish I could read on the bus, but it makes me motion sick.

Okay, that's all for now. I'm going to go catch up on my subscriptions on YouTube.

No comments: