Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Nifty

At work I bought a fountain drink, a refill, and a protein bar, all of which had bonus points to my rewards card, and on the last purchase I got a coupon for a free drink and had enough points for a $25 gift card, so I turned in the points and went ahead and got the card. Yay! Free gas/food!

Of course, I'd already filled up today, thinking it the price might go up this morning. It was almost $40. That's about what I pay once a week. The price actually went down (I think it's $2.79 right now). But when it was up over $3 I was lucky enough to have a gas certificate worth 5 gallons for making our selling points quota.

All in all it's been a decent day. It was quiet at the hospital (there's a lecture series going on, so no clinic) and I did a lot of interlibrary loaning. Then I went to Meijer to get a bra and a notebook and wound up with two notebooks (one for me, one for the game), a bra, Mother's Day cards for my mom and grandmother, and two purses (it was buy one get one free). The purse I bought was $17 and the bra was only $14--I expected it to be twice that, so it all evened out. It was truck night at the gas station so I worked my butt off, but didn't have to do register on the new software yet--that's saved for Saturday. Then I went to Kroger and bought dog food, sourdough bread, havarti cheese, and a vanilla/orchid body wash. Cerys and I are enjoying the bread (and I let her have a smidge of the cheese) right now.

Well, that's it. I still have a dog to take out, notes to do, a prescription to phone in, wine to buy, a friend to pick up, and an offering to give due to last week's woeful unpreparedness/loss of what wine I had. I still have no idea where it went.

Good night. I might blog later but I'll have to see how tired I am. Take care.

No comments: