Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

It was a good day

I did quite a bit at work without being harried, took a late lunch which left me alone with a book, which was nice for a change. Then I came home and took Cerys for a walk in the gorgeous sunshine with a nice breeze. I slept for awhile, since I didn't get enough sleep over the weekend, despite much sex going on in the living room above my head. I had a nice dinner (lemon pepper cod with a salad) then went to the gas station for gas and to see if they'd heard anything from the co-worker who never called in or showed. Since her husband had said she'd already left when I called, I was afraid she might have been in a car wreck. Apparently not. When my boss called, someone just hung up. She'd talked of a job offer as an activities director for an adult day care for $17/hour. But she didn't strike me as the type of person who would just not come in and wouldn't even call. For one, that's something you normally expect from young people, and she was in her 50s. I don't get it. The only time I've ever walked out of a job was at the comic store during the rebellion against the new owner where all but one of us left at once. That was more a mutiny than anything else. Otherwise I've given 2 weeks notice to all of my employers.

Anyway, I went to do notes and then of course it was Monday so there was 'Heroes'. I'm psyched for the finale. Most of the chess pieces are in place--it should be interesting to see how it will unfold. New York is the board, and it's supposed to explode in two days. Will they be able to stop it?

Now I'm home and I've had a bite to eat. I may play some Get Medieval! before I go to bed. Or just lounge in the recliner for a bit and read the last 2-3 chapters of my mystery book. Good night.

No comments: