Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, June 06, 2003

F5



1. How many times have you truly been in love? One. Unrequited, I'm afraid. It should have meant better poetry, but I was never great at writing coherent verse.

2. What was/is so great about the person you love(d) the most? He was everything I wanted in a mate, except straight.

3. What qualities should a significant other have? An ability to love deeply, a sense of humour, a willingness to actually talk things out, and the courage to face the world together.

4. Have you ever broken someone's heart? I don't think so. Their lust, maybe, but not their hearts. I have actually done the 'it's not you, it's me' thing and was quite sincere, despite the fact that she was quite disturbing in her own right. But then, I think that's the best way to let someone who scares the bejeesus out of you know you're not interested in dating, don't you think?

5. If there was one thing you could teach people about love, what would it be? Love isn't something you can force. It just is, sometimes at the worst times. But without the ability to love, we are nothing.

No comments: