Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, June 16, 2003

Yay, brains!



Okay, if you're not a fan of Invader Zim, the Nickelodeon cartoon, that headline might not make any sense. Suffice to say that I'm feeling great and happy after a weekend where I wasn't trying to fit umpteen million things into a very small space and actually got some rest--Saturday, especially, as we had a couple of torrential downpours (one of which I slept to, the other I waited out at Walgreens). Yesterday we didn't game but I did work on a new character and a hypertexted directory for the game that will help in finding all those nifty abilities when we need it. See, the thing about game publishers is that they're great about having creative writers, but not so great with editors, indexers, etc. In fact, it's always a blessing just to find a book with an index--even if the terms don't point to the right pages. You'll find that you can't get rid of previous editions because they invariably leave something important out of the new one. I've found this especially in titles from a certain publisher. White Wolf, hire a librarian, or at least a good editor. Actually, hire me!

There was something I came across at some library-related site but now cannot find where I got it from at all that, while I'm sure proves that some people have WAY too much time on their hands and live to be annoying, was actually hilarious when taken together. I had to go back and check my history at work. Here are some comments of a kamikaze weirdo on eBay. And whilst many were quite unamused by the comments, some of the people get into light banter with him later.

Okay, enough for now. Happy Monday. I actually have work to do. :)

No comments: