Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, June 10, 2003

Ah



Well, I came on home and promptly went to bed. I had originally planned to sleep a couple of hours, but woke up a little after 11pm. Sound familiar? But boy, I needed that. My neck feels a little better, although I think the stiffness has moved down now. Hopefully by tomorrow it'll be better.

I turned on Jay Leno for all of about five seconds. He started his monologue with an incredibly-poor-taste-decidedly-unfunny comment that does not bear repeating but let's just say indicated that the champion horse Funny Cide was on his way to become pet food. Jay and his writers obviously have no appreciation for horses. That comment was just sick and wrong on so many levels I'm not going to waste any molre time on it. Fortunately the audience didn't respond to it well. I turned it off after that. I've always preferred Jay Leno to David Letterman (David Letterman just always seemed rather creepy and juvenile in one fell swoop). I think I'm giving up late-night TV in general until something a little more entertaining comes along. Like, I don't know, documentaries on slug reproduction?

Do I dare play Bookworm? No, I think I need to take a break. Since I didn't do laundry tonight, I should get up early tomorrow. (I am not going to go over this late to an unsupervised laundry in a basement). Although if all else fails I have two more dresses I can wear this week. :) I think I'll do some stuff online and then head back to bed in an hour or so.

No comments: