Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, June 09, 2003

Brain hurts. Make it stop. Shutting down.



I was wrong. It wasn't nearly 300,000 when I stopped. It was just over a million. Now it's very nearly two. I played the game for an additional two hours last night and just apparently got faster at making my words. Of course, I can't type worth anything because dog and god and gdo and ogd all mean the same thing in my head when I type. Yesterday I was typing to some more dictation and literally just had to take my glasses off so I couldn't _see_ what I was typing at the time--I had fewer errors that way. Thank goodness for that touch typing class in high school. In retrospect it's the one class I've used the most in my life. :)

I will not go home today and sit at the computer. My neck hurts and I generally feel like crap today, partly because I spent something like six hours at the computer all total yesterday (and ate a bunch of tortilla chips, which was probably more salt in one day than I get in several). I may nap. I may do yoga. I may take a nice, warm bath, but I will not get on the computer and play Bookworm at least until later in the evening. Really. Besides--I really, really need to do laundry. I'm dressed up today, which has gotten me several compliments, but really it's because I have nothing else to wear.

I'm not sure which is more sad--having your brain sucked in by a silly word game or explaining it to others. But at least I spent my weekend out, about, and visiting with other human beings, right? And I got to finally get a long-lost character back into the Cthulhu game and had a new character make a cameo, so that was great, right? So I'm not a total dork, right? Right?

*The giant dorkazoid hangs her head and goes back to work and listening to her Buffy CD*

No comments: