Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, June 19, 2003

Ewwwwwww....the hazard of going organic, I suppose



So I'm pouring myself a glass of orange juice and rummaging for something quick and light for a bedtime snack when I suddenly realise that there is movement directly in front me. I have some storage containers with dry beans and rice and on top of that was a ziplock bag of mung beans I'd bought from the Co-op with the idea of sprouting them and using them in salad and spring rolls (because, as we've already established, I love spring rolls).

Apparently a little beetle/weevil whatever-the-hell unauthorised fauna hatched in the bag, because nothing else had an infestation. Don't get me wrong, I like bugs, but not in my food.

Anyway, the baggie is on my porch for tonight and I'll put it in the dumpster first thing tomorrow morning. But all I can say is...ew, and I think that's it for me and co-op mung beans. Now I'm glad that I hadn't eaten them yet.

No comments: