Last night, I kept YKWIA company while he made dinner and also some soup for someone we're visiting today who is battling cancer. I haven't seen him in about 20 years, but YKWIA were good friends for a long time and he owned the comic book store we both worked in for a while. So we thought we'd go and get caught up, visit, and bring soup.
I was very tired before bed, and I was still hurting a bit, although stretching to get things off the printer from my chair during work did help some. So I took three tizanidine (the recommended dose), a muscle relaxer I've been prescribed for my neck issues. and I slept like a baby, only waking up early this morning to the cat howling because the wind through the windows had shut my door and he was trapped in my room.
Today I have:
- Gotten some medicine I forgot for YKWIA the other day at the pharmacy, as well as a small bag for myself.
- Paid my rent [I pay half every two weeks]. I'd forgotten the deposit slip for his account (we have the same credit union, so I just transfer it), but they were able to look it up.
- Got new lenses for my glasses (for free!). In August 2016 I got new glasses and got the 2-year Crizal lens warranty. It was a year before I got one scratch on it, but even though I always use microfibre cloths, they starting getting scratches on both lenses when I was wearing my glasses full-time after running out of contacts. So, I asked about that, they traced my frames and had new lenses recut and when they came in, I just had to stop by and they popped the old ones out and put the new ones in. Easy peasy. I did accidentally leave my travel contact solution on their counter, as I had to take my contacts out to check the lenses were properly made, so I'll have to get some more from the store. But the travel size that comes with the first pair of contacts is pretty small, so I needed to get more anyway as it was less than halfway full.
- Helped close all the windows in the house, as it's about to storm.
- Made my bed (usually I do when I get up, but I waited a bit today).