Then I went to the grocery and got some things for us and a few toiletries, etc. that I've been putting off. I got some ibuprofen in a non-childproof, easy-open bottle. There are no kids in the home and quite frankly, with my arthritis in my hands, it's becoming harder to open the regular kind. I came back and had some herb bread that was left over from yesterday's potluck (best batch ever; I included some red pepper flakes for a bit of a kick) and some cheese and a banana for lunch and caffeinated for the day. Now I've started my bedding in the washer, as I haven't washed it since I was sick, and that would be good, and I think the cat has been on it enough that I'm starting to react (I am allergic to cats and dogs (and horses, and cattle), but cats really make me react. But I love them.)
I have a few things I want to do today:
- The game notes from last week's Call of Cthulhu game, which is the most timely task.
- We've decided on a project involving thoroughly dusting/cleaning a shelf or two each Saturday and then rotate it, as it can be overwhelming to do all those books and shelves at one time. There are 117 shelves of books in this house. Yes, really. So we broke it down to a manageable amount. I'm going to start with the bookcase in the living room, which is antique and so it holds a lot of dust. Today I'll just do the top shelf. It's lower, not to the ceiling, so no getting up on a stepstool, and while dustier, it has a table right next to it that I can put the books on and dust them. So in some ways, it'll be easier. YKWIA is in there reading, though, at the moment, and we're both allergic to dust but he's worse, and I don't want him in there while I'm working.
- Clean the cat box instead of waiting for tomorrow.
- Take out the trash and recyclables. We keep the recyclables atop the refrigerator and it's pretty full. All the trash in the house need it, I think, as the kitchen one, bath, and my two little ones are all full, and that leaves the one in the living room/study and bedroom that might be okay, but I doubt it. I've been taking the kitchen trash out regularly, but the others were fine last weekend, so I left them for this week.
- Do my bedding and some more laundry so I can concentrate on other laundry items tomorrow. I didn't do it last week because we had worn jeans most of the week before as our boss was off and she'd said we could do to the low clinic numbers. So I had most of my other pants clean and enough shirts, underwear, and socks. I'm getting low now, though.
- Sweep and mop the tile in the kitchen and bath. I think the hardwood is fine.
- Go through my nightstands and rearrange things.
- Put away a few things in my room.
Okay, time to check the laundry and go do those game notes. Have a great weekend!