Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, January 11, 2007

We (the medical librarian list) were discussing using Gmail

to bypass document limits in standard company e-mail systems (for interlibrary loan purposes)--sometimes those PDFs are large) and this article came up:

Firms Fret as Office E-Mail Jumps Security Walls - New York Times (free with registration)

I don't forward work-related things to my own account, but I do have a Gmail account specifically used for receiving interlibrary loans. I set it up after several requests got lost in the aether because they were too big to come to my work inbox. I may have to rethink that, but it's worked really well so far. The only personal information is a last name of a patron found on the DOCLINE receipts.

Hmmm...

No comments: