Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, March 04, 2003

Shameless plug...for a good cause



Everyone knows someone who has been affected by heart disease or stroke. This year I will be walking in our local American Heart Walk. I have set a goal to raise funds for the American Heart Association. We are raising critical dollars for heart disease and stroke research and education.

You can help me reach this goal by making a donation online. Click on the link below and you will be taken to my personal donation page where you can make a secure online credit card donation. If you would prefer not to make an online donation, e-mail me for other ways you can make a donation.

Your donation will help the No. 1 and No. 3 killers in our nation—heart disease and stroke. You are making a difference. I know, you're probably poor. If you're a friend of mine, or a fellow librarian, it's nearly a given. I don't have much to spare, either. But $5 or $10, when put with the donations of others, can go a long way. I know there are people I love who have gone through heart surgery, heart attacks, stroke, or angioplasties. Given the number of diabetics in my family, most of us are at a high risk for both heart disease and stroke ourselves. Maybe the money I give today will help later on. I'm sure you know people who could benefit, too. So if you can, please give, and thank you for your support.

CLICK HERE to visit my personal web page and help me in my efforts to support AHA - Lexington.

And even if you can't donate, you may want to visit the site. There's a quiz and some educational information that might help you fight heart disease and stroke.

Elisabeth Eilir Rowan
aka The Rabid Librarian

No comments: