Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, March 28, 2003

Happy Friday



1. What was your most memorable moment from the last week?
Watching the beginning of bombing in Baghdad.

2. What one person touched your life this week?
In his death, the story of Jose Gutierezz, a young Marine who journeyed from Guatemala to the US as a teenager, who died in the early days of the war, brought me to tears. In terms of people I know--I've had two people help with reality checks this week; one was a co-worker who made me realise that my relationship problems with my boss really are primarily her fault, and one that helped me see my need to concentrate on my spiritual growth despite all the anxiety I've had related to the material world lately.

3. How have you helped someone this week?
I helped a woman find her grand-daughter. I've helped people with various projects at work. I've guided nursing students to information they needed to care for their patients. I've been a listener for several people who needed to vent. I've sent notes to two women I know fighting breast cancer and one who suffered a miscarriage. I've spoken with the women who are dealing with cancer and checked up on them. Tomorrow I'm walking in our local Heart Walk.

4. What one thing do you need to get done by this time next week?
I really need to thrash out some issues with my student loans so I can go ahead and file my taxes.

5. What one thing will you do over the next seven days to make your world a better place?
Live each day as it comes.

No comments: