Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, August 30, 2002

It's Friday Five time!



1. What's your favorite piece of clothing that you currently own? My purple duster (it's a sort of moleskin-synthetic material, kind of cape-like, very long, very me).

2. What piece of clothing do you most want to acquire? Just once I'd like to find a poet's shirt that looks good on me. The closest I have is a sort of filmy fabric in black. White ones make me look huge. If I could find a black one in cotton, that would be great!

3. What piece of clothing can you not bring yourself to get rid of? Why? Hmmm...actually, it's a doll's dress. My dog and my friend's dog once played tug-of-war with my Hollie Hobbie doll, Amy. Her prarie dress was the only thing to survive. It was one of the few toys I still had from when I was a kid. So now, her dress is on another doll instead. For a long time I kept the pieces of the doll, but realised that even if I could put them back together, she'd look like the Bride of Frankenstein, so I finally pitched her. At the time I cried. Now, I look back on the destruction of the doll more fondly, since one of the dogs was put to sleep this summer and I miss her. Crazy, hmmm?

4. What piece of clothing do you look your best in? Anything purple, particularly a deep purple. Blues are also good, and black. I have a simple black dress that gets good comments.

5. What has been your biggest fashion accident? Anything in the '80s. In some ways the '80s were worse than the '70s, because I was choosing my own clothes. Probably one of the worst was a bright fushia tunic with a tiger's face and black stripes on it. It took an artist to convince me that reds and pinks were not going to work with my skin.

No comments: