Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, April 03, 2016

Year 50

Yesterday was my 49th birthday, meaning I am now in the fiftieth year of my life.  It makes you think about where you are and where you're going.  I will have a lot of uncertainty in my life as the year progresses; this time next year I'll be 50, will have been at my job for 20 years,  and will be laid off from both positions when the hospital moves to the new medical centre and an ambulatory care model,  with no room or plan for a library. This makes me sad,  although at least was given some warning. Not everyone is so lucky.  My hope is to find a position that can use my skills,  flexibility,  and willingness to work as a team player to their fullest.  (And which has health insurance.) :) Wish me luck.

No comments: