Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, March 05, 2015

The snow looks like it's finally stopped

Lexington's official total is 17.1", our heaviest two-day snowfall. This is a heavy snow, not the powder we had a couple of weeks ago. I didn't make it in to work at all, as it was absolutely treacherous this morning. I had planned to take the bus, but that means walking in half-light out across un-bladed lots, sidewalks, the streets (which were snow-covered this morning completely, as they couldn't keep up with snow coming down so fast) for about a quarter of a mile. Although I managed last time, it was on the second day, not the first (that had been on Presidents' Day, which had been a holiday at work). Despite working for a hospital, I'm not really essential personnel. So I called both bosses, my cubicle-mate (the latter of which was in, but she's from Upper Michigan), and left a message with one of my co-workers about an audit I was working on. This afternoon I'll try to dig my car out for tomorrow morning, when a friend and I have appointments in the same building. That'll be fun, right?

No comments: