Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, March 14, 2015

Oh, by the way

I did track down the number to the Transportation Security Administrations's lost and found at O'Hare Airport. On further reflection, I'm not sure I had my jacket in the restroom, at McDonald's, or at Hudson News.  The last time I absolutely remember having it was right after it went through the checkpoint x-ray machine, and I'm not sure I picked it up when I got my bags together.  So I called 773-377-1210, which is the number for items lost at the checkpoint (despite what else you may find on the Internet--the first number I found was disconnected--and left a voice mail with my name, phone number, description of the jacket, and date I lost it.  Here's hoping they found it and will return my call. They're not open on weekends, but hopefully they'll look Monday. :)

What I am glad is that I had neither phone or keys in my jacket...the one was in my wallet in my laptop bag, and the other was nestled down in the CPAP bag, as I didn't want them in the bag that got valet checked, since it would be out of sight, and the jacket was not that secure since I was carrying it, and unless I zipped up the pockets, they might have fallen out.  So I really lucked out.  But apparently the parking lot ticket was in there somewhere, for it didn't show up when I unpacked.

Okay, I'm going to take that nap, and then work on the game notes for tomorrow.  I had thought to load the recording on the laptop and work on them over my trip, but decided I was on vacation and wouldn't 'work' beyond going to the seminar/meeting.  So anyway, I still have to do them.  But first, that nap.

No comments: