Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, March 14, 2015

My favourite items from the Field Museum (as far as what I saw)

A formula for healing a sick cat
[All pictures from the Field Museum are under the Creative Commons Licence, as per the Museum's request.]

I took lots of pictures, but these were my favourites.  I also loved Sue, the Tyrannosaurus Rex skeleton which I've already posted here.

The ticketed exhibit on Voudou of Haiti was very interesting, but I didn't take pictures there.  I did get the book which details the collection and includes many pictures of the exhibit items on display, although it could not capture the painted veves on the floor, the size of the exhibits (many of the loa figures are life-sized), and there were also some televised ceremonies and music playing on monitors there.

A female architect and her daughter (it was during the reign of the female Pharaoh Hatshepsut)
An amethyst cameo (my favourite stone)





















From the Hall of Jade
From the exterior of the building

No comments: