Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, March 06, 2015

Friday night and no 'Grimm' (again) :(

It'll be back in two weeks, and that's good. As a result of that, however, and the fact that my friends' shed lock is frozen and the one who was going to shovel last night hasn't had a chance to get in to get the snow shovel, I am at home quietly typing on the laptop, preparing to work on the game notes.

I managed to get us to the appointments this morning, although mine was cancelled. I then went on to work, and then went by the pharmacy afterwards. The roads are much better this afternoon than they were this morning; even Man O'War, a major thoroughfare, was pretty snow-covered this morning. I felt bad about not making it in to work yesterday, but my boss thought it was the most sensible thing, given the long walk on the road, crossing it a couple of times, the same road I got hit on a couple of years ago in perfectly fine weather. Especially this close to my Chicago trip, I don't want a repeat of that!

The good news is I've seen the weather for those days and Lexington will be in the high 50s and Chicago will be in the 40s, with good weather except maybe some rain on the day I fly home. Yay!!! It looks like my itinerary will go something like this:
    Day One
  • Fly out from Lexington mid-morning, arrive in Chicago at almost noon local time
  • Buy a three-day transit pass
  • Take the Blue Line to the nearest station to my hotel
  • Drop my bags off at my hotel
  • Take a bus to the Field Museum of Natural History and soak up the sights there
  • Return, check in, and get ready to go out with others from our meeting who came in early
    Day Two
  • Sightsee in the morning
  • Take the Pink Line over to the University of Illinois--Chicago for a seminar
  • Attend the seminar
  • Meet with others for dinner downtown
    Day Three
  • Check out of hotel; take Pink Line back to UIC
  • Have a light breakfast
  • Meet with our committee
  • Have lunch
  • Take the Blue Line back to the airport
  • Fly out late afternoon, arrive back in Lexington that evening
I wish it could be longer, but this is the first time I'll be staying three days, two nights on the Chicago trip. Normally I fly up one day and come back the next. So it is a mini-vacation. I'm very excited.

No comments: