Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, March 09, 2015

Remarkably

my geraniums, which are in window boxes on my window sills in the living room, are actually not only over-wintering--they're blooming. Yay! That and the Christmas cactus have been cheering me up during all the snow. But the thaw is in full swing, and a lot of the snow has melted. Of course, it's supposed to rain much of the week here, and that will be a problem with the ground so saturated. But we've got a long stretch of 50s and 60s coming up, even when I'm back from Chicago. Double yay! Winter has to end eventually. It's not my favourite season anyway (spring is), and I'll be happy to see this one go.

I was busy at work today getting things ready for my absence. Tomorrow will also be pretty busy, but I've met with both of the people who back me up on aspects of my job and gave them a refresher. I'm going to miss a clinic that is insanely large (I guess things got bumped to it due to the weather).

I've gone to the library, returned a book, paid a fine (yes, sometimes librarians forget to take things back, too, although in my case it was a DVD with higher fines than a book would have had), renewed some others, and now I'm back at home. I need to work on the house, and I'm actually in the mood to now that I've had a couple of veggie sausage, egg, and cheese sandwiches. It's 55 degrees and sunny outside, and I'm hot in here, so I'm tempted to open the windows but there's just a couple of more hours of sunlight, so instead I'll get into shorts and a tank top and maybe sit in front of the fan for awhile. The house is mostly about straightening up, and I need to take the recyclables (of which there are many) and the trash (not so much) out. I did the dishes and the laundry yesterday, so that's in good shape. I might go ahead and figure out what I'm going to wear in Chicago and what I need to pack, as well. I found some cards I've been looking for, but not all of them. They were tucked into one of those plastic window things you find in wallets, and they were actually where I thought they'd be, but had fallen down behind the area I was looking in. The others got separated at some point and I thought they were in my backpack, so I need to look there yet again. The ones I found just now were the important ones (such as insurance cards). The others are store cards, like the big Kroger one and my Speedway card, so they are replaceable. It would be nice to have them, though. Hopefully I'll find them as I straighten up. Oh, and I should wipe down the counters in the kitchen and clean the bathroom some. Okay, so I do have quite a bit to do. :) I also have to get some important papers and put them in a place I've told a friend about should anything happen to me on my trip (knock on wood, but it's good to be prepared).

Alright, I'm going to get into some cooler clothes and sit in front of the fan and go through my backpack/purses for those cards. Then I'll work on the rest of the house. Hope you had a good start to your week.

No comments: