Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, July 07, 2014

Well, drat

The one day that I'm off from work so there aren't lots of adults and kids swarming the pool and horseplaying, and I might be able to take a luxurious bout in the pool, it is closed. Later today we're supposed to get some thunderstorms, and tomorrow, too, and anyway the evenings tend to be a little rough for my desire to float and relax in the pool. I went to get a drink from the laundry room and check out the pool, and the sign saying it was closed was up. One of my neighbours came up in trunks and was apparently very disappointed, as he stood there for several minutes and then retreated to another building's doorway to watch. I guess he was going to meet someone there. Oh, well, at least I hadn't gotten into my suit, etc. But I am disappointed. Once I have my surgery, I won't be able to get in at all for a little while, and this was the first real attempt I had made this year.

No comments: