Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, July 27, 2014

I have now proven

that I can drive. I've been off the pain pills since early this morning, on just regular acetaminophen, so the narcotics should be out of my system by now. I woke up just a little while ago and it was actually sunny, so I decided to try to do a shower and change the bandages on my own, which I did, and then got into some comfy shorts and a shirt and checked to see if I could wear my sandals okay, and then went out to the car and tested that out. It's a little painful to get out of the car, not as bad getting in, actually, but I did okay. I went the shortest route up to the corner store, Circle K, meaning that I was going between a reservoir and a marsh, but hey, sometimes we must dare. I wouldn't have gotten into the car and put it in gear if I hadn't been feeling well and comfortable doing so.

I parked behind the store so I wouldn't have to do any tricky stuff with trying to get out of their busy lot, and I must say walking to the store, around it, and back was about enough for me. So even though technically I could drive to work in the morning, I'm not sure I can get from the car to my desk and back easily. If I wake up feeling bouncy and ready to go tomorrow, I'll go. If I feel like I still have some healing to do before trying to make it the full day, then I'll stay home, or perhaps come in for half a day. In fact, the half a day might be good in order to gauge how I'll do for a full day, rather than rushing in.

In the meantime, I now have some caffeine and paper towels, and a DVD to watch (Despicable Me 2), so I'm hoping I can sit up for awhile and do that.

No comments: