Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, July 26, 2014

In some ways

I felt better on the day of surgery than today. Maybe it was a combination of the fluids and anaesthetic. You can tell every time I've been up by when I posted today (well, and yesterday, too), usually at a half an hour a time. But I think I've actually slept more today. Since A left, I've pretty much just gotten up to eat and then went right back to bed, for longer and longer periods at a time. For example, He left around 11:45 am. I woke up about 1:30, then 3:30, then 7:30, and now 11:30. The last time I went to bed I listened to music for awhile and put my phone on to charge, because we're supposed to have storms tonight (in fact, a warning just popped up on my phone). Because I'd gone over 6 hours without my pain medicine, I was in quite a bit of pain around 7:30 (I'd taken it when A left). Even elevating the leg hurt some, so I finally just went on my side with a pillow between my legs, and that was more comfortable. I'm going to take some more in just a bit so that I can get back to sleep comfortably, even though it will be just over four-and-a-half hours this time.

I am beginning to regret the decision not to get any soda for my time off from driving. Water is better, and I'm drinking quite a bit, but going cold turkey from caffeine maybe wasn't such a good plan. That and the pain medicine combines to make me very sleepy every time I do try to get up and maybe surf the net or do something not strenuous but engaging the mind, like read. I know I should get some rest, but it's a little frustrating. Maybe tomorrow I can do a little more. I'm going to try to cut back on the medicine to half starting tomorrow afternoon if I can, so by Monday I can switch to regular acetaminophen.

The wind is really starting to pick up outside. I hope my window boxes don't get blown off. I managed to water all the plants earlier, including the ones outside, and thought about putting them down on the ground, but decided that was too much bending.

Okay, I'm sleepy already (and I haven't even taken the medicine yet.) I'm going to go take that and head back to the bedroom. Sorry I'm not good company. But all in all, the surgery went well and the recovery is progressing well so far. Hopefully it will continue to do so.

No comments: