Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Yum!

I woke up from a disturbing dream of abandoned dogs (I should really watch what I read before going to bed) very late today, with almost no appetite but a craving for tomatoes, especially yellow ones. So in the hour that I've been up and about, I have:
  • Taken a shower and dressed
  • Checked my blood sugar and taken my medicine
  • Eaten a small protein bar
  • Called Howard Curry Shoes to ask a couple of questions
  • Gone to the farmers' market and spent $6.50 on three large yellow tomatoes and a pint of cherry tomatoes that were mostly Golden Jubilees
  • Stopped by Circle K for drinks
  • Went to the library and picked up the book on Francis Scott Key and the Washington race riots of 1835, as well as The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane
  • Paid a fine I'd gotten by borrowing through interlibrary loan where there was a bit of a delay in getting it back...the fines are $1 a day, so they rack up in just a few days. (I'd borrowed it for a friend.) I hope no one puts skimmers on those checkout machines at the library, because I didn't have enough cash and I had to use my debit card.
  • Came home and chopped up a couple of the large yellow tomatoes, put some salt on them, and ate them, to great satisfaction. No pictures of bounty this week, as I was really keen on satisfying that craving. And no, as I said in the last post, I can't be pregnant. :)
So next on the agenda is going to Tates Creek to the library branch there and picking up another book (usually I just have them sent to my home branch, but hey, I do have a car, and some time today, so I'll just go there), then over to Nicholasville Road where the shoe store is. When I called earlier, the lady that answered was very helpful and had a lot of personality. Things look good for that trip. Let's hope they can find sandals for a foot that is basically a cube, as wide as it is long, and swollen in the afternoons to boot.

Hmmm...but before that, I have to admit the tomatoes have actually perked up my appetite just a bit. I may have a veggie burger, and then just eat dinner somewhere later. Or maybe I'll just come back here and have some salad I've fixed and find something to make. I have frozen Indian food, for example. It would be cheaper than going out. Plus I could watch something while I eat (yes, I know that's not the best thing to do as far as watching your food intake). I'll see how I feel later.

Okay, that veggie burger is calling. Hope you're having a god Saturday!

No comments: