Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

One of my co-workers was right

My insurance company will not authorise the surgery at the ambulatory surgical centre that is at the orthopaedics practice. Therefore, it has been moved to a hospital that is just about a football field or two away. I should have to be there at the same time, but a nurse will call me tomorrow to confirm. My co-worker Bobbie had told me that this would most likely happen, as that has been her experience. But I'm surprised they waited to tell me until two days before the surgery.

I got quite a bit done today in preparation for being off at work. I think we have all the back-up issues settled. I have a to-do list a mile wide for tomorrow, but if there's anything I can't finish, I'll just have to let it go. I've put all my tasks into an application on my phone for work. I do still need to do a few things around home as well. And I should get a key made tomorrow evening so I can give it to A. I'll make sure YKWIA has one as well. I think I'll take him to his appointment tomorrow, drop him off, and then go over to Lowe's and have them made, which shouldn't take too long and then I can pick him up afterwards and give them the keys.

I've been too busy to really get nervous about the surgery, but I am starting to get a little anxious. I really hope all goes well. According to most people I've talked to who have experienced it or something similar, it should be fine. And I do feel a little better that I'll be at the hospital should anything go wrong.

Okay, I really need to clean some of my work space here up and get something to eat. I got my desktop up and running again, and the keyboard is terribly dusty (and slightly sticky, I'm not sure why), and I didn't realise until I was setting things up just how dusty my computer desk, computer, and printer are. I've been using the laptop for awhile instead. Then I need to straighten up around here in general, do some dishes, that sort of thing, and generally prepare for A staying the night on Friday. I'll probably write later, though.

No comments: