Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Hmmm.... this is going to be

Too much information,  but--
I am 47 years old.  Despite having polycystic ovarian syndrome and insulin resistance,  and basically having messed up hormones my entire adult life, I have never missed a period, or been more than a day or two late.  I sometimes have cycles as short as 26 days;  normally it is 28. But I'm hot a lot. A few months ago I was tested to see if I were going into menopause, and everything came back normal.  Then a little later I had a period that went for about two days,  then stopped,  then started back up after a couple of days.  Then it went back to normal.  Today is day 32 of my cycle, with no menstruation thus far,  (and no,  there is no chance that I am pregnant). My mood has mostly been okay,  but I have had a couple of premenstrual mood issues come up of late,  most notably the other day, when I was upset about something relatively minor way more than I should have been. So maybe the change is upon me.  I don't know. But I hope it is relatively problem-free. And blissfully short, for my sake and for those close to me.  :) Any advice out there from those who have gone before?

PS Update 7/14/14: 6 days--almost a week--late and counting.  I am starting to freak out a bit.

No comments: