Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

There was a lovely rainbow earlier, but unfortunately

I didn't manage to get a snapshot of it, given that I was driving at the time. Today I took a friend to an appointment and after a torturous commute home through construction, stuck semis, horrible traffic, etc. (it took about an hour and a half total), we brought home some Long John Silver's and I ate with my friends. Then I helped with something that needed to be done there while the rain came down, and then I headed home as it was clearing and a very wide rainbow popped up in the east.

Tomorrow I'm off work. I took off because our clinic census was low due to a conference that several of the doctors are going to, and I decided to clean house and get my car worked on. The car's check engine light has come on again, even after putting in some fuel injector cleaner into the gas for a half of a tank (it had gone out but then popped back on). Also, the air conditioner/heater/defrost fan isn't doing anything when I turn it on, and given the noise it made for awhile, I'd say the motor is kaput. We'll see. I hope they're both easy fixes. The plan is to go over to Mitch's Auto Repair tomorrow by 8 am, drop off the car, and then head home by bus. I need to look up bus times tonight. Then there will be much cleaning, straightening, and organising of the house. My hope is to get it in good shape tomorrow, unlike the five weeks of spring cleaning I did last year, which involved organising and getting books up on shelves and the like. This time the house is basically okay, it just needs some things put away in their places, a good once over with broom, mop, and vacuum, that sort of thing. Then hopefully I can get back and get the car by the time they close tomorrow, get a book of stamps for YKWIA, and then head over there for 'The 100' at 9 pm. We'll see. The car is the most important, since they're only open on weekdays and it'll be easier to take care of on a day off, which I take very rarely.

It's raining again, a gentle, happy rain, the type that's good for the window boxes. :) I'm reading a book on readers' advisory services today, so I think I'm going to go get my Kindle and curl up with it. Good night.

No comments: