Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, April 13, 2014

This weekend I:

  1. Upgraded my phone to a new Samsung Galaxy S5.
  2. Learned to use the new features and Kit Kat 4.4.2.
  3. Added my applications from Google Play and Amazon onto the new phone, put them in order, and created screens of widgets.
  4. Went to the library, picking up an interlibrary loan and hold, and giving back an ILL book and a DVD they'd sent me by mistake.
  5. Picked up a book I'd ordered for a friend from Barnes & Noble.
  6. Prepared my crossbody wallet for a co-worker who's interested in buying it, changing my cards, etc., over to a plain wallet. I've only had it for a short time, and it's a pretty Vera Bradley, but the new phone doesn't fit with its case, and probably not without it, either. The other one barely did, and it was two models back and smaller. If anyone knows one that would fit a Galaxy S5, let me know. This one had a wallet, the pocket for the phone, a wristlet, and strap across the body. I will miss it. It's great for not having to bring my whole purse with me to stores, etc., or wandering around work (my phone keeps track of my steps, and sadly, I don't always have pockets.
  7. Spent time over at my friends' house, where I (in no particular order):
    1. Watched The Bad Seed (again), bits and pieces of 'Law & Order', Take the Lead, 'The Astonishing X-Men', and some of an animated movie of Doctor Strange.
    2. Took a friend to the grocery.
    3. Hung sheers and drapes.
    4. Cleaned their house.
    5. Did my laundry.
    6. Ate carryout from Texas Roadhouse.
So it's been a fairly busy weekend, but fun, and it was nice to be back in beautiful Lexington with friends. Now I'm cooling off (hot again) and will probably turn in for bed. Good night.

No comments: