Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, April 03, 2014

Came across a couple of old photos tonight

I'm not sure when they were taken, maybe 10 years or so ago. One is of me at my old desk, before they moved two other departments into the library:



The other was during 1950's day at work, and I did what I could with what I had at the time (no poodle skirts in my closet, I'm afraid). I didn't have something from the 50s to highlight, but I found this journal, which was from the beginning of 1962 and shows a mushroom cloud and includes a look at the medical aspects of a nuclear attack. It was pretty interesting. And scary.

I would have scared you with the picture from that day where I was using the hula hoop, but it had patients in the background, so no posting of such a photo. Somewhere I have a print version where someone I knew edited out the background, put me hula-hooping in front of another background, and I used it as a holiday card that year. :)



On Twitter and Facebook, they have what they call Throwback Thursday, where you post old photos. So I thought I'd do that today. :) Happy Thursday.

No comments: