Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Well, that was gross

I opened a container of Philadelphia garden vegetable 1/2-fat cream cheese and it was positively soupy. It could have been used in place of ranch dip. I'd just bought it at the store; it wasn't out of the refrigerator long. It didn't smell bad; it just never set up, apparently. But it's scary, so no eating it. So I am now eating Havarti cheese on my everything bagel instead.

It's been a couple of busy days. Yesterday I went into work early to make up some time from an appointment. Afterwards, I looked up something without success for a friend (but not for lack of trying--it had to do with chemistry and Jewish religious literature). After admitting defeat, I laid down for a bit and listened to some music. Then I went over there for 'Grimm', and went to bed once I got home about 10:45.

Today I tried to get up early to do some things around here, but to no avail. I started my morning trying to chase two Yorkshire terriers (no, I don't have any dogs, these were just running loose down Pimlico Parkway towards of Man O'War, but I couldn't catch them). I do hope they found their way home. The smallest one was really hard to see from a car. Then I visited my friends, took one to pay a bill, get some things from the pharmacy, and go to the grocery store. We all ate, and then YKWIA showed me a video on YouTube and we discussed it. Then we went hunting for an item or two at Macy's at the mall.

Now it's almost 8:30 pm and I am home and am listening to Of Monsters and Men's My Head is an Animal. I don't have to do notes tonight (I finished those last week). I have watered all the plants inside and out. I should work on the house, but frankly, I'm not sure I'm up to it right now. I'm afraid it's a little overwhelming at the moment. I have things strewn everywhere. Funny, I can be so organised at work, but at home it's chaos if I don't really work on it. But I'd like to get it straightened up so I can have company over to watch a movie. Maybe I could try to wake up early (assuming I go to bed earlier than normal). But tomorrow's already going to be pretty busy, between game prep, game, 'Salem', dog washies, and helping a friend do a project. Oh, and I have to finish a class by Monday. I have some videos to watch and a small project to do if I want to finish. Whew. So Monday might be better for housework. Or, several of our doctors are going to POSNA next week (Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America), so it will be pretty slow at work, especially on Wednesday. I don't have much personal time off, but I may try to get off then. That would give me most of the day to work on the house, until it's time to go over for 'The 100'. [Which, incidentally, YKWIA had a very good point the other night--the name should be changing each week to reflect the people in the group who have died on the show.]

Okay, I think I will go try to do something relaxing and fun. I feel I've earned it.

No comments: