Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, May 16, 2013

I got up early this morning, at 5

and worked on the boxes some more. I'm almost finished. I have a box to throw away, a box of recyclables, a box to go with the office/art supplies, a box of gaming stuff, and a box to go to Goodwill. I still have a bit on the bed but it won't take too much longer. I'm also almost done with the bread. I've put the laundry away. The drawers are very full, and my closets have very little room for hung clothes, but I think when I sort through the big tub tonight I'll put all the winter stuff away in the tubs and hope for the best in terms of the walk-in closet and leakage. That will give my summer clothes more room. I think we're finally past the need for winter clothes (although Monday morning it was in the 30s!)

I apparently totally missed a commotion on my street the night before last, as did a co-worker who lives in a neighbouring complex. Two toddlers, about 2 years old, were reported wandering about the area by themselves after dark. Police found them and discovered their father asleep in his apartment, along with marijuana and drug paraphernalia in the bathroom, and they arrested him for child endangerment and drug charges. The mother was at work. I was home, and I remember hearing sirens, but it must have been a little away. Still, that's a little scary.

The bread smells very nice and should be ready very soon. After I take it out, I'll get ready for work. So far the morning's been pretty productive. Let's hope work will be as well.

No comments: