Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Happy Beltane, by the way!

I have some mead I could break out for the occasion, but I'd better not mix alcohol with my medication.

Beltane is an odd holiday for me for I really don't want to be literally fertile, I have very little in terms of crops and livestock (I have a few plants and goldfish), and the one time I jumped the Beltane fire I hurt my foot and it was a problem for about six months, till Samhain. So I keep celebration of Beltane low-key. I do occasionally watch the older version of 'The Wicker Man', the one day with Christopher Lee, not Nicholas Cage, a delightful movie that many call a cult horror flick, but it really isn't. That's on VHS, and I recently got a DVD/VHS recorder, so I can watch again. I've been without a VCR for a number of years, but hung on to the tapes anyway, and now I can watch them (and convert them to DVD, for that matter). Okay, that's it for the night. I'm on my phone in bed and my hand's cramping. Good night.

No comments: