Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, March 02, 2012

I was listening to some music earlier

and had just about fallen asleep, I was so relaxed, when a friend called. I'd told him I'd been listening to Simon & Garfunkel and had almost drifted off. He said no wonder; it was like being given sodium pentathol. I've loved the duo since my childhood, but he doesn't care for them, obviously. For that matter, we don't always mesh when it comes to musical tastes (no sense that we should, as we're not clones) although we overlap on show tunes, classical music, traditional Celtic music, and a bit of country. We each have a wide range of taste. I like folk and oldies, 80s, modern rock, and alternative music. He likes all sorts of things from 'Sunshine Day' sung by the Brady Bunch (which I just can't get in to), some oldies (but he insists they shouldn't be called that if they're from his lifetime), but then things like The Black Crowes, (which I must admit are pretty cool, I just haven't heard them much), etc. I don't think you can pin him to genres, really. He tends to like songs from several, but just those songs, or some musicians, but not necessarily everything like them. I think it's good to not easily be pegged.

Anyway, so I really did drop off eventually, after we talked, but it was after 10 pm, so I think the change in schedule helped today. I'm up now just to take my medication, shut off the aquarium light, and generally prepare for bed. Good night.

No comments: