Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Only Josh Hanagarne

[The World's Strongest Librarian] could make me laugh uproariously about his swelling man bits and horrific vacation, 'cause he just wrote it that funny. Go over and visit him and add your worst vacation. Maybe he'll feel better.

My worst vacation was my honeymoon (a pagan gathering). I:
  1. Nearly died in a car that stalled crossing a six-lane highway.
  2. Had the Ku Klux Klan trying to break into the campsite because the Farrars and Isaac Bonewits had shown up at an Atlanta shop and said the witches were meeting at the Fairgrounds.
  3. Had a Georgia State Trooper guarding said camp due to the KKK threats.
  4. Had dogs running through the camp, either the KKK's or the local pagans with guns', I'm not sure which.
  5. Had several of my friends chant 'Lisa's got to pee' while standing in such a way that said Georgia State Trooper would not see me doing my business, since we were nowhere near a port-a-potty.
  6. Went through the some of the worst storms in the Atlanta area, including having the campsite struck by lightning and (brontophobi me) winding up in the foetal position in a puddle of water whilst attempting to save the beanie weenies.
  7. Guarded the camp, convincing (along with my fellows) some random motorist to take the weirdo who was trying to catch lightning bugs to read his watch by who was also carrying a sword and called Kentucky one of those 'long states'.
  8. Froze the day after the storm when at midsummer it went from 90 degrees to 50 during our visit to the Atlanta Zoo.
  9. Nearly died something like five times on the trip all total.
  10. Began to have the horrible realisation that I had just married my ex-husband, and all that would entail.

Yep. That was 20 years ago next month. Strange times. It was also my last official vacation, I think.

No comments: