Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, May 05, 2011

Murphy's Law of Tech Support

states that no matter what the computer issue, it will resolve itself when faced with a technician so the user cannot demonstrate the problem. [Okay, maybe it's someone else's law, but that's what I've always said, anyway.]

I was supposed to fix a computer tonight. It worked perfectly when I got there. We decided to leave it alone rather than try to figure out what happened. But I got a lovely meal out of it--a tasty lentil dish, wonderful salad, and an unusual but delightful soup. I really need to learn to cook. I have about as many cookbooks as YKWIA, but I don't cook, and that's a shame. He's offered to teach me; it's just a matter of finding time.

Oh, I'm tired tonight. But I got home ahead of the rain, and it isn't quite midnight. I dropped off my rent on the way home. So I'm good on that, and it's on time. Tomorrow I need to go over there early and sign my new lease.

I got a letter from the IRS which totally doesn't make sense. I expected something saying that my payments would begin to be automatically debited (that was the idea, anyway). Instead they say that they're delaying correspondence to investigate the situation, that no action is required on my part other than continue sending in payments, etc. It sounded like a 'sorry, we're dealing with red tape and can't possibly get to you any time soon', while indicating that I should contact them if I haven't heard anything in 45 days. Weird. I guess I'll just keep paying the way I have been.

No comments: