Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, February 07, 2009

Well, just drat

I thought I had solved the mystery of the vanishing W-2s, but alas, no. It made sense. I was waking up from a nap when it occurred to me that I received them with my paycheque on a Thursday, and I usually work at my second job on Thursdays. I wouldn't have wanted to take them in to the store in case someone took them, so I thought there was a good chance they might be in my glove compartment (where I keep my chequebook for the same reason). Filled with zeal at my turn of logic, I went out to the car to look, but sadly there were no W-2s. I did find out that I am carrying around an expired insurance card, which with my luck in the past indicates I am due to be pulled over, perhaps for the tail-light I discovered out the other day whilst knocking snow off my car. I have insurance; I just need a new card. I'm under my mom's policy, so I'll have to get her to print one from the website (I don't know the username and password).

Sigh.

Well, I know what I'll be doing as soon as I finish eating--looking for those forms. It was on my to-do list anyway. But it had made so much sense in my head.

I did get a survey from the Nielsen rating company about my radio listening habits. They enclosed two dollars, so that was nice.

Well, I'm finished eating. Time to turn the apartment upside down without making too much of a mess at the same time. Wish me luck.

No comments: