Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, February 06, 2009

I'm interested in seeing these films

Being a fan of Neil Gaiman's since Sandman, I was happy to see a novella of his has been adapted into a stop-motion feature directed by Henry Selick, the director of The Nightmare Before Christmas. It looks like the pain-staking artistry has paid off. Here's a trailer for Coraline:



I have a gift card to Cinemark studios, but they aren't showing it in 3D, whereas Hamburg is. So it may be a couple of weeks before I can afford to go. On the other hand, another movie is coming out this weekend that YKWIA is interested in going to, and I can use my gift card there if we go. It's called Push and features a group of young people with psychic powers being hunted by a government agency (sort of like 'Heroes', hmmm?) Here is its trailer:

No comments: