Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, February 13, 2009

Productivity

Yesterday was a rare Thursday that I was off from both the store and my normal after-work activities, so I:


  1. Paid my rent.
  2. Made the bed.
  3. Worked at the hospital.
  4. Went to the pharmacy to get something to counteract one of the main side effects of Strattera. Funny how multivitamins or calcium pills aren't covered under flexible spending accounts, but fiber tablets plus those things are.
  5. Basked in the sunbeam that was in my living room like a cat.
  6. Gathered and took all the trash out.
  7. Washed dishes. Twice. My dishwasher has a few issues.
  8. Straightened up the house. I still had papers out from looking for the W-2s and things had gotten just a little messy from being sick and then busy.
  9. Re-potted plants from work using soil from the dead Yule tree.
  10. Fed and watched fish.
  11. Did some errands.
  12. Watched the first episode of 'Heroes' that I missed last week.
  13. Got A from work.
  14. Went to bed early knowing I'd done a great job and feeling a little more secure about things, since I'll have a roof over my head again.


Today I'm up early to work on some notes. I went to do yoga and discovered that it may be time to replace my old VHS A.M. Yoga with Rodney Yee; the tape came out of the cassette and although I wound it back, the machine won't rewind it now. Fortunately it's on DVD. But I went ahead and put on some meditative music and went through the routine anyway; I've done it enough I remember it pretty well.

At work I need to distribute my needs assessment, print out some surveys, shelve the books and journals, and then whatever else comes up. I'm ahead on my time quite a bit (I haven't really been eating lunch much, so I haven't been taking the time off), so I can leave about 1:15, which is good because I have some errands to run with a friend.

I also need to work on some garden plans later today because I promised I'd have them ready by Sunday. I hope I still have the yard measurements; it's pretty muddy out there right now.

Well, it's getting light. I should start on things. Here's to getting rest the other day, for it is the foundation of productivity. :)

PS Woo-hoo! I do have the measurements!

No comments: